Coiture de Vigne
All Rights Reserved
Easy Pizzas - one for your kids to help with....?
For the dough:
Strong white bread flour, plus more to dust - 450g
Sachet fast-action yeast - 7g
Extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra to serve - 2 tbsp
Warm water - 350ml
For the topping:
IoW Tomoto Passata 100ml
IoW Tomatoes 8 (all different colours, shapes & sizes)
Your choice of toppings:
such as Goat’s Cheese, grated/shavings of Parmesan,
handful of Rocket, Prosciutto......
1. Mix the flour, yeast and 2 tsp salt in a large bowl - Make a well.
2. Mix the oil and water in a jug, then add to the mix, using a wooden spoon to work the liquid into the flour – it will seem pretty wet. Set aside for 15 mins.
Leaving the dough like this will save you from lengthy kneading later.
3. Turn the dough onto a well-floured surface, flour your hands, then knead it very gently for about
2 mins until fairly even, soft and bouncy. Return the dough to the bowl, cover with oiled cling film,
then let it rise in a warm place (or in the fridge overnight) until doubled in size.
4. When ready to cook, heat oven to 240C/220C fan/gas 9, with a baking sheet on a high shelf. Dust another sheet with flour. Split the dough into 8, then roll 3 balls thinly into rough circles. Lift onto the floured sheet.
5. Smear over a thin layer of the sauce, scatter over a few slices of tomato and seasoning before adding Goat’s Cheese, grated Parmesan (or your topping) to taste.
6. Slide the sheet on top of the pre-heated sheet. Bake for 12 mins or until golden and crisp - the tomatoes should just start to caramelise around the edges.
7. Top with any fresh toppings, then drizzle with more olive oil to serve.
To save & print this recipe, please see:
Find out more about our Goat Produce: