Coiture de Vigne
All Rights Reserved
Easy Peasy...Caramelised Garlic Tart
For the pastry:
Pastry mix or pre-made Shortcrust
For the filling:
Butternut Squash, skin on, deseeded - 250g
Garlic, medium bulbs - 3 peeled cloves
Goats Butter - 30g
Maple Syrup - 1 tbsp
Cider Vinegar 1 tbsp
Eggs - 2
Full-Fat Goats Yoghurt - 7 tbsp
"Soft" Cows Cheese - 60g
Goat’s Cheese - 70g
Chopped Tarragon - 3 tsp
Salt and Black Pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Roast the Butternut Squash cut-side up for 40-50 mins, until cooked through and tender.
2. Prepare the pastry mix and roll into a 3mm-thick disc, lining a 24cm ceramic tart dish. Trim away the excess before lining with greaseproof paper and baking beans. Refrigerate for 20 mins.
3. Bake for 10 minutes, remove the beans and bake for a further 10 minutess. Set aside.
4. Put the Garlic in a small pan with a few tbsp of water and simmer for a few minutes until almost tender. Add Butter, increase the heat and cook until the water has evaporated and the Garlic is starting to brown.
5. Add the Maple Syrup, Cider Vinegar and a pinch of Sea Salt and simmer for 10 minutes, until most of the liquid has evaporated and the Cloves are coated in dark Syrup.
6. Peel the skin from the Squash, chop into 2cm pieces and arrange in the Tart base. Whisk the Eggs, Yoghurt and grated Cheddar together with a pinch of salt and a few grinds of Black Pepper. Pour over the Squash.
7. Scatter pieces of Goat’s Cheese and Caramelised Garlic over the Tart, drizzle over the Syrup and sprinkle with the Tarragon.
8. Reduce heat to 170C and bake the Tart for 30 minutes, until it sets and the top goes golden brown. Eat warm or at room temperature with a crisp seasonal Salad.
To save & print this recipe, please see:
Find out more about our Goat Produce: